Wednesday 19 November 2014

Have a cookie

I bet you saw this coming, lactation cookies.
Tee hee.

Of course I have to try it myself. See what's all the hype about.
I've never actually had lactation cookies, when it comes to increasing my supply, it's usually these stuff I consume once in awhile, here's the link -  Loading...breastmilk

I'm on some dessert streak this week, from chocolate chip spiced pumpkin cupcakes to quinoa brownies to this, a good ol'cookie with added benefits, hehe.


I like recipes simplified and with loads of pictures. Therefore now that I have my own blog, I shall try my best to do just that.
I must say though, taking pics through the baking/cooking process is quite a challenge when the whole idea is to do something fast!
Nevertheless I do what I can because blogging is my quiet time, just my very own me time :)
Quick shoutout to all the parent bloggers, sure does require some skill!

Recipe adapted from - Belly Belly.Com.Au

Ingredients
1 Cup    Wholemeal flour
1/2 Tbsp Baking powder
2 Tbsp   Flaxseed (I grinded mine to powder form and soaked it in 4 tbsps of water)
1 Tbsp   Brewers yeast
1/2 Cup Butter
1            Egg
1/2 Cup  Brown sugar ( you may lessen the amount even more if you opt out the brewers yeast)
1 Tsp     Vanilla extract (optional)
1 Tsp     Salt
1 Cup    Oats
1/2 Cup Chocolate chips

*Note : for my Muslim friends, I'm not sure if brewers yeast are halal as its a by product of beer making process. Instead you can opt to add 1-2 tbsps of fenugreek powder.

1. Preheat oven to 180 C.

2. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder and brewers yeast. Set aside.

3. Cream butter and sugar. (You can do this using a mixer till its light and fluffy,  I used a wooden spoon and fork cause I was too lazy to wash more stuff).

4. Add egg and vanilla extract. Using a spatula, mix well. Pour in flaxseed and mix well again.

5. Finally stir in oats and chocolate chips. This is where you can add in any other toppings you fancy.

6. Take about a spoonful in size and place on the cookie tray. I added raisins on top cause I felt like it, tee hee. 

7. Pop it in the oven for about 12 minutes or till golden brown, leave it longer if you like em' crispy. Don't crowd too many cookies on one tray, might affect the heat distribution. Bake about 9-12 cookies at a time.

Oh happy days says the cookie monster.

Can you imagine what it would taste like with peanut butter?? Homagoshhh.I just thought about it while drafting this post. Lightbulb.

Leave a message on my 'Contact me' tab or buzz +6 010 366 7793 for orders if you ain't got the time to bake :)



Kisses of freshly baked cookies from That Skinny Elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment