Wednesday 24 September 2014

Cruciferocious Din Din


I don't usually head out during the weekdays because I cant drive. Yes, its true, I still cant drive and don't have a license, haha!

I know, its about time. I registered for driving classes but I have yet to go for that 6 hours of theory class. I can't imagine being away from bubba for that long, plus I'm not sure how he will react. I have been breastfeeding him through direct latching (DL) since I resigned in June this year.

Anyhoo, point of the matter is that I tend to make do with ingredients that I have in my kitchen. I don't plan weekly meals, yet.

So here's another dish I made for dinner last night using primarily broccoli and cauliflower. These cruciferous vegetables are so good for you. I doubt there's much nutrients left after all that cooking BUT, mind over matter, I feel like I'm eating something healthy. (self console right there)

Including its sulphuric properties that may result in a possible fart fest in your homes, the following are some benefits of the cruciferous vege:
Broccoli - fiber and vitamin C
Cauliflower - vitamin C and folate
Plus both has anti cancer fighting properties.

Let's cook!
shereenagill
Ingredients:
1 cup of Broccoli (small florets, stem removed)
1 cup of Cauliflower (small florets, stem removed)
1 clove of garlic (sliced)
5 tbsp of butter (more is fine)
1 tsp of thyme
2 tbsp of olive oil
Parmesan cheese (as much you like)


Chicken Marinade
Chicken breast (cut to strips)
Chilly powder 
Salt




1. Marinade chicken and set aside. (I usually marinade meat right after our marketing and freeze it. Gives me one less thing to do when I'm cooking on weekdays)

shereenagill


2. Preheat oven to 170C.

3. Heat up pan and place about 5 tbsp of butter. Fry garlic until fragrant and slightly crisp. Juice in a whole lemon. (You may add in more butter, no such thing as too much butter, heh)
shereenagill


 4. Add in chicken strips and thyme, fry till the meat is cooked. Then mix in the vegetables and salt to taste. 
shereenagill

shereenagill
5. Transfer the mix onto a casserole dish, pour in olive oil and parmesan cheese all over. Bake for about 15mins. (Don't leave it too long in the oven, otherwise the chicken breast will dry up). 

6. Serve fresh out of the oven with pasta of your choice.


Bon Apetit!

The baking process can be opt out. The vegetables will be nice and crunchy and I think sprinkling a little bit of pine nuts would be just YUM.

Enjoy your cruciferocious din din.

Kisses of sunsets from That Skinny Elephant.




No comments:

Post a Comment