Thursday 13 November 2014

Breakfast Quiche?

These nutella puff pastry dessert fest has got me going crazy.
Haven't seen or tried it yet? Hover your mouse over this > Nutella, my Quickie.

There is no reason not to make it because of the fact that it's so simple to make...unless of course like me, you have gone on some Nutella overload. Heh.

So I thought let's use this puff pastry for breakfast instead. The aim here is to make it fast, pretty nutritious and filling.

While I was nursing Bubba to sleep, I started planning what to make, I'm thinking eggs, bacon, cheese, celery, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms with puff pastry...oh yummm!! Quiche-ish?

Yes I do think about food when I nurse, and probably most of the time :p

So as soon as Bubba fell asleep, off to the kitchen I go!
Opened the fridge and noticed I did not have all the ingredients available. Plus I should spend more time eating rather than chopping.

Time is of the essence here people. Starts when Bubba falls asleep and stops when he's  up! Hahah!

Here's the recipe:

*I did not add in some measurements as I gauged how much I would like each ingredient in my quiche.

Ingredients
A sheet of puff pastry, big enough to cover the ramekin of your choice
I used this puff pastry














Tomatoes, chopped
An egg
Onions, chopped
Cheddar cheese
Parmesan
Pepper
Chilli flakes


Method
1. Preheat oven at 180 C. Butter a ramekin dish.

2. Place a sheet of puff pastry at the bottom of the ramekin dish. Spread out the onions, tomatoes and other additional vegetables, if any.

3. Break an egg on top of the vegetables. Add pepper and chilli flakes. Line the cheddar and sprinkle a little parmesan.


4. Pop it in the oven for about 15 mins or until egg is cooked/pastry has browned.



Have a cuppa while waiting for it cook, I'm still very much a hot chocolate-in-the-morning-kinda-person. And yes my lil ball of sunshine has woken up, busy shining his light around the house.

Ting!! Its ready.
Now eat. While the boy is still pretty occupied.

Tee hee.

This is just a basic do. Add in some celery, bacon, minced meat, spinach, mushroom, avocado,..the list goes on. I bet some pre soaked quinoa or millet would be awesome too. Try it and share your thoughts!

Happy mornings!

Kisses of sunshine from That Skinny Elephant.

1 comment: