Wednesday 1 October 2014

No Bake Cheesecake!

It was the weekend.
Mum came over.
Perfect.
I get to chill while my man and his momma in law takes care of Bubba. Heh.

So.....in the kitchen I go! Happy place I tell ya.

I felt like making something sweet and simple. Googled a couple of stuff and stumble upon no bake cheesecakes. Woooah simplest dessert ever! Plus I got me some cream cheese, so why not.

I simplified it even more using ingredients that I have ready.
You will notice I've put up pictures of a cupcake tray (yields appx 12 cupcakes) and the result of using a 9-inch springform pan. You can basically use either.

Before I start, I must add that this dessert is not something I would eat all the time because the condensed milk content is a little too crazy. The thing is once its chilled, you can't actually taste the condensed milk, just rich cream cheese! So it's easy to lose yourself in it!!

Beware. You've been advised :)

Inspiration : Delish

Ingredients:
Crust
300g Digestive biscuits
2 tsps Sugar
150g Butter, melted

Filling
250g Cream cheese
350g Condensed milk
Half a lemon, juiced

Method:
1. Line a cupcake tray or 9-inch springform pan with liners.

2. Crush digestive biscuits into fine crumbs using a food processor.
If you don't own a food processor, like me, use a zip lock bag and crush away! Im sure your Bubbas would love to help.

3. In a large bowl, combined crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press mixture onto liners (I used the bottom of a glass) and refrigerate.


4. In a separate bowl, on low speed, beat cream cheese till light and fluffy. Add in condensed milk in stages and lemon juice last, beat till just combined.


5. Pour filling onto base (about 2 tbsp for cupcakes) and pop it in the freezer for about 3 hours. 

Now this sweet thang melts fast and takes forever to set in the fridge.I prefer it to be in the freezer so I can take my time to savour every bite...mmmmph!

Below is a picture of my very first cheesecake. My sister is the sweetest person, she gave me the opportunity to make and present this cake on her hubby's birthday. Thanks sis!!


Buzz me up for orders if you ain't got the time to make, heee.

Kisses of sweet lovin cheesecakes from That Skinny Elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment